Monday, June 27, 2011

North to Canada!

Today for the first time, I realized that June is essentially over...not sure how we came to this point, but July starts in three days and there's lots to do!

Part of preparing is packing and getting ready for our upcoming vacation. We're really looking forward to our trip to Pelee Island this next week---breaks in any routine are always welcome. =) For one week, we'll be able to escape the heat and humidity of the south and enjoy just being...too often life overtakes us and we forget to "Be still" and even more often we fail to stop "and know that He is God."

We'll be driving to Sandusky, OH and catching a ferry to take us to Pelee Island, the southern most inhabited point of Canada. With no cable, TV, facebook, internet or cell phones, we'll essentially be "cut off from the world," but I can't wait. =) With no distractions, all that will be available is creation, conversation, books, running, swimming...sounds like the ideal situation to me! Before making the drive back home, we'll be stopping at Cedar Point Amusement Park for a day to catch a few rides...I'll be posting some pictures of our trip after we get back...

As far as the remaining events of July---I'll have about 1 1/2 weeks to pack everything in our apartment as we're moving the 23rd to another apartment closer to where Daniel and I both work. After we move, I'll have exactly two weeks to unpack and pack for my trip to Montana. =) It's going to be a busy month---all the more reason I'm excited to be able to go on vacation before it all starts!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful getaway before a couple of very busy months. I am looking forward to our outdoor getaway that we are planning in July too. We are going to go fishing off of the Denali Highway, away from almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm sure you guys are going to have an amazing time~I miss Alaska...would love to be able to go back again sometime. Isn't it wonderful to get away from everything? We didn't have internet or great phone service for a week...I found it to be quite heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete